Talk with Davis | A blog by Steve Davis, CFP® of Davis Financial, Mansfield, MA

Talk with Davis -- A blog by Steve Davis, CFP® of Davis Financial, Mansfield, MA



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog Day?

By Steve Davis, CFP®

As I sit here typing, the snow continues to fall.  It looks like we're in for at least another six weeks of winter no matter what the legend of Punxutawney Phil says today.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the good ol' groundhog can't even burrow out of his lair because he's burried under too much of the white stuff.  The way I see it, all this snow will be hanging around 'til at least June! 

We're trying to make the best of it here in Mansfield; I've taken up snowshoeing and the kids have moved beyond making snowmen and have progressed to making all sorts of interesting snow structures.  After the first storm of the year, our boys constructed a snow couch in the front yard.  We used the couch as a prop for a long overdue family photo. 
 
The Davis Family - January 2011

I share this portrait of Sandy and our boys because I work hard not only to serve my clients, but also to provide a nice life for my family.  It is on behalf of my family that I offer you thanks for your business, friendship and trust.  And if you're not yet a client, and would be interested in learning more about what I do, please give me a call at 508-337-9400. 


Here are a couple more snapshots from that fun day.  The first few pictures show the couch and coffee table during "construction".  Later, after the sun came out, Sandy added the decorative touches and directed the photo shoot.  If your family is like mine, every group photo session usually ends with a call to "act silly".  Somehow, I don't think we'll be sending the last photo out with our Christmas cards next year...
 

To cap off the weekend, my oldest son and I went snowshoeing at the Moose Hill Reservation in Sharon, MA.  He is now a sophmore at VCU and was planning to leave for Richmond later in the day.  This was the perfect opportunity to get some one-on-one time together before the end of his holiday break.  It was a gorgeous day all around.